February 27, 2017
The Port of Coupeville is seeking an energetic and inspiring executive director to lead a transforming organization in one of the Pacific Northwest's most beautiful and visited destination islands.
The Port of Coupeville is a Washington State municipal corporation governed by an elected commission, independent of other local jurisdictions. The Port was established in 1967 on Whidbey Island in the Puget Sound. It is a small Port district in the center of the island, extending from north of the town of Coupeville to north of the town of Freeland. There are approximately 14,000 residents in the Port district.
The Port currently operates two historic facilities: the Coupeville Wharf, erected in 1906, and Greenbank Farm, a 1904 dairy farm and former loganberry vineyard acquired by the Port in 1997. The Port leases retail, office, and storage space to merchants at the Wharf and Farm. Rental income from these leases and an annual county tax levy are the primary sources of revenue to the Port, whose current mission is “to exercise the powers authorized by Washington State law to sustain and enhance the economic and environmental health of the Port District through activities consistent with its values.”
The Executive Director will help build and maintain an economically healthy community by:
- Leading the development of the Port's new Comprehensive Scheme of Harbor Improvements and Strategic Plan
- Leading the Port's transition to a vibrant economic engine for central Whidbey Island
- Leading the renovation of the Coupeville Wharf and Greenbank Farm to ensure they last another hundred years
- Leading a community-focused team in providing excellent customer service in all aspects of Port operations
- Leading the quest for economic opportunities that reflect, enhance, and maintain Whidbey Island's lifestyle
- Managing the Port's assets in a fiscally responsible manner
- Building trust, transparency, and inclusion with the Port's host community and electorate
Please click here for the job description and Executive Director Application Package.
Job posting closes March 31, 2017.